home > information > NEWS & NOTICE
작성일 : 16-07-13 14:49
Mandatory Electronic House Bills Customs Notice in Canada
조회 : 33,398
| Mandatory Electronic House Bills.pdf (268.3K)  DATE : 2016-07-13 14:51:05|
Mandatory Electronic House Bills Customs Notice 16-17
Ottawa, June 29, 2016
1. This notice provides new information regarding the eManifest implementation
timeline for freight forwarders to electronically transmit advance house bill data on
consolidated freight to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) within the
prescribed mode-specific time frames.
2. On May 6, 2015, regulatory amendments supporting the CBSA’s eManifest initiative
were published in the Canada Gazette, Part II (http://www.gazette.gc.ca/archives/part2-
archives-partie2-eng.html). The publication of these regulatory amendments made
eManifest requirements for freight forwarders legally binding. However, the CBSA has
provided an extended voluntary period for eManifest requirements for freight
forwarders. Now that necessary systems functionality is in place, the CBSA will be
moving forward with implementation.
3. This mandatory requirement applies to bonded and non-bonded freight forwarders
who are responsible for consolidated (including back to back) import, in-bond and intransit
shipments. Consolidated freight remaining on board (FROB) shipments will
require supplementary data in the air and marine modes.
4. The following implementation timeline applies to eManifest requirements for freight
• From November 7, 2016, to January 10, 2017, the CBSA will provide freight
forwarders with a period of transition during which penalties for non-compliance
will not be issued and the CBSA will work closely with freight forwarders on
• From January 11, 2017, to July 11, 2017, freight forwarders deemed to be noncompliant
with eManifest requirements may be issued zero-rated penalties (nonmonetary)
under the CBSA’s Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS).
• Beginning July 12, 2017, freight forwarders deemed to be non-compliant with
eManifest requirements may be issued monetary AMPS penalties.
5. On November 7, 2016 electronic house bills will become mandatory. In the interim,
clients choosing to transmit house bills for in transits and imports on a voluntary basis
will not be required to submit supplementary reports for shipments with a house bill on
Canada Border Services Agency (/menu-eng.html)
6. The CBSA remains committed to supporting clients in their transition to eManifest
throughout the regulatory implementation timeline through online resources and
dedicated client support activities.
7. Clients who are not already registered and participating in electronic house bills
should contact the Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU). You may contact the
TCCU by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) or
by calling 1-888-957-7224 and selecting Option 1. Detailed information is available in
Chapter 5: Advance Commercial Information (ACI)/eManifest Housebill of the
Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document (ECCRD).
8. To request a copy of the Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document
(ECCRD) and for the application process for conveyance arrivals, you may contact the
Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU) by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
(mailto:email@example.com) or by calling 1-888-957-7224.
9. The CBSA also strongly urges freight forwarders to register for electronic notices,
which includes the Deconsolidation Notice. Clients may refer to Chapter 11 of the
ECCRD: or contact the TCCU for more information.
10. System testing with the TCCU is currently available and may begin as soon as the
client is ready.
11. For email support on eManifest policy and processes, contact the eManifest Help
Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. (mailto:emanifestmanifestelectronique@
12. For additional information regarding the pre-arrival and reporting requirements for
freight forwarders, please see Memorandum, D3-3-1, Forwarded and Consolidated
Cargo Import Movements (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d3/d3-3-1-
eng.html) that will be revised shortly.
13. For additional information regarding eManifest requirements clients may visit the
CBSA Web site (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/manif/menu-eng.html).